My 8 week old has TONS of drool and cries much of the day. I know she can't be teething yet...could she?

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine started teething @ 8wks and got her 2 bottom teeth @ 10wks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:59 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My 8 month old has 6 teeth fully in. Yes she very well could be teething. Look in her mouth and see.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No I don't think so. I think this is cute though that you're asking this because, every mother that I know (including myself) asked this question around this time! We're all so worried haha.

You'll soon find out that's when babies just start to drool, not teeth will come in till much later for the most part. I mean you may have an early bird baby, but I doubt it since for some reason all mom's start thinking this around this age.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:19 AM on May. 6, 2009

• she could be having tummy issues
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 6, 2009

• It could be. It's rare that they teeth that early, but it's definately possible.
    My son's always been a drooler, but he's going on 6 months and no teeth yet. They're settling though and I can feel a little bump, so I'm thinking it'll be soon. yay for me, lol.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Your baby CAN be teething now. It's not the average age for teething, but it can happen on either end of the spectrum - I had a friend who's child didn't get his first tooth until he was a year old...late? early? It's just how his body is growing. :)
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 6:36 PM on May. 7, 2009