• In the Spotlight:

Any tips or tricks for removing baby food stains?

my son just started solid foods and now half his clothes are stained w/ sweet potatoes and carrots. i've tried bleach, shout, and even vinegar but still have yellow and orange stains all over

notreally69

Asked by notreally69 at 10:59 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Spray in Wash Stain Stick. It looks like a big glue stick, you rub it on the stain and throw it in the hamper for a couple of days, then wash it. It won't stain or ruin your clothes no matter how long you leave the chemicals on. You can find it at most Walmart in the laundry Aisle nest to the regular Spray in Wash . It even can take out ink pen if put on before the stain sits too long
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 11:09 AM on May. 6, 2009

• baking soda, sprinkle some on at a little bit of water rub it into the stain and was as normal, it works for me, my dd had a beautiful white dress and she got chocolate all over it, and i used the baking soda for it and its good as new! just make a little paste out of it. goodluck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Well after my son's done eating I take a damp wash clothe and clean off his face, hands, then his clothes and bib. Then I just throw them in the wash and everything comes out!

I think the trick is to not let it get hard and sit.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:15 AM on May. 6, 2009

• blue original Dawn dishsoap. Even works on stains that wave been washed and dried. Put it on the cloths and throw it in the hamper, forget about it for at least a couple days, you can go longer. Wash and it should come out. Also try drying them in the sun. You would be amazed at what the sun can get out
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2009