Do you combine

your income or is it separate? I did at first now two yrs but I'm ready to separate mine. Please share your experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Well since I dont have any income, we share, but when I did work, it was all put together but mine went to pay child care and groceries and fun money.

lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 11:12 AM on May. 6, 2009

• We used to have separate accounts and both of us worked. We used the money together though. Now my husband is the only one that works, and so there is no need for the different accounts. Sometimes I wish we did and he gave me and "allowance" because I hate asking for something especially when I want to get him something special. Oh well the time will come when I'll have a job again. (hopefully :-)
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:13 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Me and hubby share everything but after some finacial problems my parents went thru my mother chose to seperate everything. It has worked out well for her
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Nope -my hubs and I have separate bank accounts. His paycheck goes in his account, mine goes in mine. We decided 18yr ago when we married to keep separate accounts, and we each agreed up front who would be responsible for what bill. There are times when I need money or need him to pay one of my bills and he will, I have also given him money and paid for some of his things.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I am a SAHM but when I did work we combined it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• we have 2 banks 4 bank accounts...(no we are not rich)we put my husbands full time job paycheck in one account,that pays for the morgaageand electricity and house stuff.at the end of the month we put the rest in the savings account.the i also work and my husband has another small job.we put(which isnt much)into another account for food and clothes and stuff like that.and the extra we put into a savings account.i dont touch the one for the house.i dont spend alot but i am also not very good with money.neither one of us had money when we were little,this is both our first house we grew up in apartments so i think my husband is nervous about money and thats ok
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:40 AM on May. 6, 2009

• What income? lol. When I worked it was combined. But I have a savings account in my name alone and I will save his money in their because he is terrible at saving!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My husband and I have shared all our monies since we've starting dating and we've been together for 11 years! crazy I know but we've never had any issues with what money belongs to whom..it all goes into one big pot for the whole family and spend it as needed. The only thing I do control is paying the bills and how much to pay, I just let him know what is left over for us to use and when the balance gets low, otherwise he would really have no clue what company gets what money.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:47 PM on May. 6, 2009