He won't eat!

My 5 month old loves his rice cereal mixed with babies first sauce foods, but he hates sweet peas and the carrots. Anything that I can do or add to make him like them more?

I plan on making my own baby food soon so I could just add whatever I'm allowed to make him like it more.

OH and no rude comments please. I know my son better than anyone on here does, and my pediatrician and myself know that he needed more than formula. He was not only "eying" our food, but crying when we wouldn't give him some. Then when I started giving him the rice cereal mix he demanded more before I could even get another spoon full haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:04 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• he may not like the peas & carrots, try adding a LITTLE salt & if that don't work i wouldn't force him to eat it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter was the same way and no matter what i did she wouldn't eat them so i just gave up and tried when she was a little older. She is now 11 in a half months old and loves every kind of vegtable. I wouldn't push them to eat something they don't like only because my dr said it can ruin the experience for them. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Are there any other veggies that I can give him that he can have so early on? I wouldn't force him, I would just like him to have some veggies mixed in with his fruits and rice cereal. Plus I know that carrots are really good for the eyesight.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2009

• my dd likes the sweet potatoes & corn mixture
    they have green beans, squash, hmm that's all i can think of lol my dd will be 3 in july so it's been a while since i bought baby food
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't know how he'd feel about salt. I think I may just try waiting. He'll come around. :] Thanks ladies!
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• It takes 10 times of tasting something before a baby or child really knows if they like it or not. I know it sounds silly, but that's what we learned in an early childhood class. You could try him on peas and carrots over and over and he may eventually end up liking them! You don't have to make him eat a whole jar by any means, just a couple small spoons so he gets the taste in his mouth. Then if he won't open up for more go to something he likes more.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:39 PM on May. 6, 2009