What options do I have to pay for prenatal care if i don't have insurance.

I had applied for medicaide, but it's taking too long. I was thinking of reapplying and going for pepw or sepw program are their any other programs out there in south florida that you know of that doesn't have to do with medicaide I'm almost 4mths and i'm stressed cuz i can't pay for service.

greeenpeasnham

Asked by greeenpeasnham at 11:12 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Other then a medical card I don't know but you should talk to your local srs office and until then you can get prenatals at wal-mart for $4.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• do you have a family planning in your area?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:17 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I always got my vitamins from the health food store, they are better for you and don't constipate you. And I have been in the same boat no insurance, we made too much money for the state to help. So the hospital and doc office will work with you, just just go in and talk with them. Mine had payment plans for people with no insurance, and it was reasonable. Just give em a call and ask.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:19 AM on May. 6, 2009

• www.mybenefitsplus.com/clanders
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:46 AM on May. 6, 2009

• If you applied for Medicaid for pregnant women they would have gotten you on healthy start first so that you would be covered for the 40 days you have to wait for the Medicaid to kick in. Try going to the health department.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• well if your applying for healthwave they will pay for past bills for up to 3 months and is their any clinics in your area because as of right now i have no insurance and they take forever like you said so while iam waiting iam going to a clinic and they go by your income and i get a discount because of my income and my service is free as of right now i would try and see if their is anything like this in your area!! good luck i hope it works out!!
    Anonymous

• Acceptance to full Medicaid takes up to 45 days. You can get presumptive pregnancy medicaid through your county health department, which will cover you for a month until you get accepted for full Medicaid. Give your health dept. a call!
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 7:37 PM on May. 6, 2009