Bleeding after sex?

I know people say bleeding is ok after sex and with my first pregnancy, but I din't bleed at all... With this one, I do! I kinda worries me. I thought bleeding was bad, mainly in your first trimester....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• in my first tri mester, i spotted twice, but it didnt last long and my dr said its normal as long as it isnt heavy bleeding accompanied with cramps.
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 11:22 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have heard bleeding after sex is common (although it has never happened to me) but that it happens because your cervix is being irritated. How much blood is it? If it is not enough to fill a pad to the point where you would have to change it, than I would say you are okay. However it is, you need to call your doc. And as always, mention this to him/her at your next appointment. And lay off the sex for a few days and when you do it again, don't go at it so hard.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Super common. As long as it's spotty, you're ok. Tell your dr about it at your next visit and have her check you out.

With my first pregnancy, I ended up getting streaks of bright red blood after sex (enough to need a panty liner). I was told by my dr no more sex until after delivery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:27 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Check with your doctor. Some will advise staying away from sex. Sometimes it's fine.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:41 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Yeah, totally happens to some women and not others. I'm pregnant with my 6th and I've had bleeding on and off after sex with various pregnancies and never with others. There are two things happening; your cervix is getting a bit irritated, and the other thing is because of the increased bloodflow (especially if you orgasm) the capillaries can dilate and burst (which again, normal) and cause bits of spotting.

Like ASh said up above, if its just spotting- you are ok.

MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 12:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• During my third pregnancy my DH and I were doing the deed and were being a little rough. The lights in our room were out and when we were finishing my dh looked down and yelled "WTH"
    There was blood all over us and there were spots of blood all over the bed where we were.
    I started freaking out. I called my midwife at 2am frantic that I was loosing the baby.
    She asked if we were being rougher than usual and if the bleeding had slowed down/stopped. It had. She reassured me that it was fine and that the cervix is very tender during pregnancy and to be a little more gentle during sex.
    She said she has calls like that at least twice a week. At my next appt I had an u/s to determine the gender and they checked that my placenta was not near the cervix, just to make sure that it wasn't placenta previa.
    Good luck...I know how scary it can be to see any blood while pregnant.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:40 PM on May. 6, 2009