Do you think he cheated? Or would have?

When I was pregnant my dh was captain of his pool team, well obviously he was point of contact. Well they had one female on the team (apparently the league was trying to have each team have one woman on each team). Well she would call to confirm dates, times, etc. But then I noticed calls at 11pm, noticed she text messaged him (too bad for her he has no clue how to even text or check text), and then I started checking his phone....and found several calls back a forth a few minutes here, a few minutes there. When I confronted him it was "well I am the captain" or "we are just friends" or "she needed to talk about her boyfriend".....well pregnant and hormonal I made him cease a desist.......and he did. It really looked like she was chasing him, but he did nothing to avert it, so he made himself look guilty by not telling me and I told him so. I think she chased him, and he was too stupid to know, but what if?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like he is a typical Man.. Men aren't as open about telling a woman to "buzz off". A Woman will tell a guy she doesn't want anything to do with them to "kick rocks" almost immediately! I think Guys are either naive in this situation, don't care, enjoy the attention, or enjoy making their so jealous, or lead by their dicks! It sounds to me like she was definitely chasing him but he didn't take the "bait".
    Anonymous

• okay.... well maybe yeah overreacted a bit.... You already talked to him about it and he felt guilty so I would not bring it up again unless you have real proff of him cheating.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:26 AM on May. 6, 2009

• But what made it all that more suspicious was the fact that he tried to hide it.....I mean really a woman calling and texting a married man with 2 kids and one on the way everyday, all hours of the day is obviously pursuing him. And that fact that he thought nothing was wrong with it and that he tried to hide it makes it all that much more suspicious. I know had I not found out it may have escalated.........and I wonder if he wanted it to. That is where there is doubt in my mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Him not telling you would raise my eyebrow.
    A married man should not act that way, I don't care what your horomones say.
    My X said the same crap..
    oh she wanted to talk to me about her boyfriend...
    He should be saying that I am sorry I can not help you, I do not feel it is right, I am married..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• men are egotisitical creatures. They love it when women give them attention. That's all it probably was. He liked the attention. Next time be his League Secretary for his team and tell ppl they have to call for information through you. That will stop that nonsense

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Some men are too stupid to notice when another woman is chasing him. I should say oblivious, not stupid.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree w admckenzie. It doesn't sound like he went too far. I don't think that he should have been talking to her about her boyfriend problems but regardless of that he didn't do anything wrong. He wasn't sending her dirty texts or anything, He may have liked the attention but didn't cross any lines. I don't feel he did anyway.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• A lot of men don't recognize the signs of a woman chasing them unless she's standing there with her breasts hanging out.
    Calls at that hour are rediculous. She's lucky you were so nice about it. I'd have called her back and given her my phone number and told her anytime she needs to confirm times and places, to ask me instead, I'd be more than happy to tell her and that for the record, you're pregnant and hormonal and he's not going anywhere anytime soon and if he's ever stupid enough to try, whoever he ends up with will be just as poor as him cause he'll have nothing left cause I'm taking my 50 % of everything he owns and my spousal support as well as child support!
    I'd be livid. My hubby has been with me out to eat and women flirt right in front of me. I make it clear he's spoken for and that usually stops the BS (after the food comes so they can't spit in my food or something lol) and I don't get refills.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• oh I did try calling her back, but would you believe she would not answer, go figure! And the funny part was my boss's daughter played volleyball (and this woman was her coach) and so my boss made it a point to say to her "do you know -insert my name- and made it a point to state that she worked with me! So I think that may be why she never answered when I called, cuz she knew that I knew! I just wonder if he would have let it go further had I not been smarter than him and her? But probably no sense in beating myself over it now!
    Anonymous