What are your suggestions?!

Yesterday one of my coworkers told me that one of our other coworkers never washes her hands after going to the bathroom! It grossed me out because we had a potluck yesterday and there she was, touching serving spoons and plates and whatnot. My coworker said she has even told this woman, sfter seeing her walk out of the bathroom several times without washing, "You better get back in here and wash your hands!" Then on the radio this morning, the DJs were talking about their higher ups putting up a list in the bathroom for people to write down people's names who don't wash! They didn't thnk the list would work and a caller suggested puttin ink or something on the door handle, then if someone didn't wash their hands, you would be able to tell! I thought that was funny. If you could make sure poeple washed their hands, how would you do it? Pretty sad that it's not a given to some people huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's disgusting! Poor hygiene. I always wash my hands after I use the bathroom. When I'm in a public area, I use a clean paper towel to turn on/off the faucet and open the door.

Talk to your supervisor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Um I never wash my hands inside a restroom, because once you touch that door, it's all over. If they want cleanliness, they would have to put the sink on the outside of that door Hon. Remember all the little kids that use the restroom and then walk out the door.. Ewwwww you know what they've touched? No way. I only use hand sanitizer. Now if there are no doors on the restroom.. Yes, I will wash my hands. But maybe you are not seeing her use hand sanitizer. Just ask her... or buy her some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would have to admit I would pass on the potluck!
    I am notorious of washing my hands, especially if I am going to be around food. I feed my family & when I am messing with food I only want that on my hands, nothing else.

I am that way. But it is because I also respect those around me. I make sure the g-kids wash before we sit down to dinner!

You might keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on your desk ~~ GET THE BIG ONE!
    Or put one in the bathroom for everyone.....maybe a hint....
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:30 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I wash my hands and then use a paper towel to open the door. Hand sanitizer is good but isn't a replacement for good ol soap and water. That's so gross! I would have a talk with her though, maybe a friendly reminder!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I dont care if im rude its absolutley disgusting when people dont wash their hands after using the bathroom is grosses me out! Dont they know how many germs they have on their hands ahuh!
    Anonymous

• I know it's disgusting! Plus she has a smokers cough so she is hacking into her hands all day. The lady that shares a cubicle with her is constantly handing her bottles of sanitizer, but she said she only uses it when she reminds her! Like she is her mother or something..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm sorry but if you are going by hear say then i think you need to get proof first!! and why are you worried about this? could it be because someone just said it and you have no proof. grow some boobs and get proof first.. i hate people that go by hear say, to me it just someone that has to gossip because there life is so dull or they need to be a drama queen. be a grown up and get the proof first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 6, 2009

• ew anon 1137 its gross no matter what.i would pass on the pot luck and i would probly get a manager of some sort to say something.i work in retail and this guy would come in and stunk.one of the men managers pulled him over to the side and talked to him.there are all sorts of ways to get past the door.ya graba paper towel and do that then throw it away.or use your elbow.or the ever popular wait till someone comes in then go out then you dont have touch anything at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 6, 2009

• One of our neighbors is this way and it freaks my 7yr old dd out when her friend comes over...she askd me if I could make her friend wash her hands as soon as she comes in our house LOL I can't have a germ freak kid!!!
    Anonymous

Grow some boobs?! Sounds like someone needs to grow UP! Why would a coworker lie about someone not washing their hands? I'd be worried too if I worked in an office where someone is spreading their pee and poop germs all over! If they were going to spread rumors about her I'm sure they would make it a little juicier then "She doesn't wash her hands!" Don't be mad just beause you're one of the gross ones who doesn't wash!
    Anonymous