Gorilla Glue.....

I got some Gorilla Glue on my counter.... Does anyone know how I can get it off? It's just a little spot, but every time I wash the counter it drives me CRAZY!! Any advice would be GREAT. Thanks!!!

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 11:33 AM on May. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Nail polish remover?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'll try it!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I read that paint thinner helps, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2009

• i don't know what kind of countertop you have, but if you use acetone (the stuff found in a lot of nail polish removers, and is used to soak off artificial nails), it can mar your countertop. i have vinyl countertops, and it didn't do much harm to the surface. i tried 'scratching' it off as it soaked (with those brown plastic scratchers they sell in pampered chef for cleaning pots/pans), and it helped a bit to break off the glue. have you tried checking out their website? that might give some helpful tips.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:38 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Not working so far.. but i poured some on the spot... maybe soaking will help! haha
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:39 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't know what kind of counter it is. Whatever the put in base houses! I'll get a scrapper, and check out the web site, didn't even think of that! Thanks ladies!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:40 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I would try nail polish remover or maybe even a combination mixture of a little bit of vinegar and baking soda might help. Good luck. = )
    Mariaej24

Answer by Mariaej24 at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Be careful. Any damge not noted on your check-in can be charged to you when you check out. We lived in housing for years, I know. Ask me what happens when you drop three cotton balls soaked with acetone polish remover on the bedroom tile. ugh!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:50 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Wow! They are re-modeling as soon as we move out so I don't know what they'll do. The nail polish remover didn't work. I haven't tried the vinegar and baking soda yet, but I'm not sure that will work either. Oh well one little spot!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 12:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Have you tried to scrape it up with a metal spatula? Or a paint scraper.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 12:36 PM on May. 6, 2009