Sick kids

My friends kids have been sick, sore throat, fever, nasea, headache, Well now her hubby has it, he is vomiting and running a fever. She is saying its because he took pills on an emppty stomache, UUMMM... that doesnt cause you to have a fever. So I told her I didnt think she should send her kids to church tonight. With everything going around about swine flu. I dont think it is a good idea. I have an infant daughter and their are a ton more kids and infants and elderly people. She is mad at me and saying I shouldnt say she shouldnt send her kids. I dont think I am in the wrong here. She also sent her daughter to school today after only being fever free overnight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• I think you did what needed to be done. It's because of moms like her that our kids get sick. I hate keeping a child who feels great but has not been fever free for 24 hours at home, but I still do it. It's draining, because they are not sick and bounce around but that's what needs to be done.
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 12:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• look up Manuka honey for flu symptoms/asthma too.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:07 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't think so. She needs to keep them all home until they are better. Parents like her are the ones that I don't like because her kids get everyone else's kids sick.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I can not stand mothers like her..I would be happy if my kid vomited on her..
    She is part of the reason that stuff just goes around and around.
    If she was a friend of mine I would tell her exactly the way I feel.
    Last summer my neighbors kids were throwing up for a week, I did not
    let my kids go near them for 2 weeks.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No. you aren't wrong on that. It is better safe than sorry. Anytime, one is sick with fever, vomiting and diarrhea shouldn't go to work or school or public crowded closed room place. it gets the others sick and it is very irresponsible.

Remind her, some young kids and elderly can get sick and die from it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2009