Kidney infection- 9 months pregnant.

I told my OB over a month ago I thought I had a UTI. They said to leave a urine inthe bathroom which is standard routine and I did. Then two weeks ago, I complained that I still thought I had a UTI- they said the same thing. Leave a urine and they'd check it.
So last night I went to the hospital with contractions in the middle of the night. The contractions didnt hurt nearly as bad as my side did. Well turns out I have a UTI and NOW a freaking kidney infection. I am 36 weeks pregnant. So I'm on antibiotics. I've been drinking cranberry juice for weeks thinking that would clear up a uti if I had one.
Will my kidney infection cause the contractions to come and go. I've had them on and off all day. I'm so livid with my doctors office, I called this morning and more or less dumped them so now I'm going to have to deliver at the hospital with whoever is in the clinic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, your OBs office really dropped the ball on that one. Yes a kidney infection and UTI will cause contractions. I dont honestly know if they are like braxton hicks or real labor contractions. Hopefully someone else will have an answer for you. I hope your infection clears up fast. Make sure to take some sort of probiotic (or eat yogurt or something) so you dont get a yeast infection. The antibiotics might cause that to happen and that would suck to have one problem after clearing up another.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 12:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Your OB sucks. I'm sorry. How do they miss something like that?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Apprently when I left a urine in the bathroom, they must of just done the basic checks for protein and keytones and all that and didnt bother sending it off to be tested. I asked twice the first time and they said, "urine looks good" and then again after the last test and was told the same thing. I think they just forgot to send it off.
    Anonymous

• since yopu are on antibiotics go to your local health food store and get probiotics-if you dont eats LOTS of organic yogurt. Also here is a web site for a holistic care. BTW next time if you think you have it stand your grand and demand to be taken care of. Also the cranberry has to be 100% juice not a mixture or a cocktail. If you can find organic that is better

http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/alternative-therapies/herbs-for-health/ut-tonic-tissue-salts-for-bladder-infections/

GL
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 12:24 PM on May. 6, 2009