should i still get a tattoo if i have a staph infection?

its not bad & is almost completely healed. but i'm not taking any antibiotics. should i still go in to get my ink today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• not only for your sake...but for the artists' sake as well! its not only dangerous for your health, but those types of infections are highly contageous especially when dealing with open wounds and bodily fluids. take some time.....then get it done...your skin will still be there! plus, you wont have to worry about any infection afterward. payin that much for some artwork would suck if it were ruined!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 1:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• troll
    Anonymous

• NOOOOOO. you should deffinetly wait.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Crazy woman why DON"T you wait til you heal completely atleast you won't have to worry about nothing else.
    Anonymous

• i have to say no! the infection causing bacteria can still be spread to the open wound so it wold be a very bad idea. i would wait until you get the infection checked by a dr.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'd wait, just to be on the safe side. My son had a MRSA infection, which is staph but resistant to antibiotics and it can be deadly, especially if it goes internal. I would err on the side of caution and wait until it's completely healed.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would wait
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 12:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Two words: hell no
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If your freaking crazy and want so spread to your new open wound and other people.. I smell a law suit on that one... espcially if the tattoo artist goes ahead and does the tattoo
    Anonymous

• I had a terrible staff infection on my stomach that I got from the hospital, no less, and staff can spend so fast and easily, I would defently wait. Why do today, what you could do tomorrow? The words of a true procrastinator!!!
    sgollrad

Answer by sgollrad at 5:59 PM on May. 6, 2009