What do you give your toddlers to drink during the day? Need ideas.

I give my DD a sippy of juice each morning, 3 sippys of milk per day and somethimes lemonaide. I need some ideas of what else I can give her to drink. My friend gives her daughter tea all day long; I'm not sure if this is okay or not considering it has so much sugar in it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:18 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Water is all your toddler needs to drink

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• flavored water...... great for the summer time.
    At first my little one wouldn't drink it but i put ice in it and for some reason, that really facsinates her......lol. Good luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My son has milk, half juice half water, and water. Nothing else. If we go out to eat and they do not have milk I will give him unsweetened tea. I'm very picky about what he drinks. Too much sugar and other artificial things just aren't good!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 12:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I offer my son 3 sippys of milk a day, but sometimes replace some of the milk, or one of the sippys with yogurt or cheese at a meal or as a snack. I also offer diluted juice. pretty much whatever we have on hand! right now we have v8 splash. he also likes apple juice and cherry juicy juice. I offered iced tea once, and he seemed to like it, but like you said, with the sugar and all it's not something I'd offer all the time.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Iced water? It's not good for toddlers to have artificially flavored anything. Toddlers actually like to eat and drink the same things over and over again, so I wouldn't worry about it to much.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• all my dd drinks is milk, water, and juice
    Anonymous

• i usually give my kids, they are 1 and 3, a choice of water or milk for meals and then in between let them choose apple juice, grape juice, orange juice, hi-c, kool aid or punch (mix frozen fruit juices and ginger ale). My 3 year old likes gatoraid occassionally when his dad has it.
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 12:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I like the flavored water too.. and if you watch they have some that have a very small amount of calories.. I get propel.. but other then that.. Emma will be getting formula, diluted juice, and water.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My kiddo gets one sippy of milk, and the rest of the day it is water :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Mine had milk, water or watered-down juice.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on May. 6, 2009