What do you ladies do with the money?

What do you ladies do with the money for child support and please don't take it personal it seems like a question like this some woman get all pissy about it. I know there are woman who actually use to help support the kids (bill, food, clothes...etc) the list goes on. But for the ones that abuse it...Do you atleast have a plan like opened a saving account for them?
I once knew an aqaintance she had 6 kids from different men and lived off of the child support. That is why I ask this question, there is nothing I can do so I am just curious. Thanks....

Here comes the bashing.....I can take it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son gets child support and it goes to a smaller bill if my check doesn't cover everything. If he wants to go to a movie then that's what I use. If he wants an ice cream then I use that card for him. If he needs jeans, shoes, shirts, etc then I use that.

No, by no means do we use that to live off of. It's almost laughable at how little we get compared to some families. We make ends meet and do just fine.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It goes right in with the rest of the money we use for household bills, expenses and extras.
    Anonymous

• well what little bit I get I pay for his extras soccer etc etc and clothes but yes at times I have paid a bill with it when times were tough my sons father does not pay at all hardly I usually just get his income tax that they take ...funny he gets a income tax yet the system never seems to catch him when he is working but anyway I make my decisions about him around my money sence I can not depend on his father

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 12:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There are more women out there that don't get child support than ones that abuse it. My ex husband does not pay child support and I don't enforce it either. I work my butt off to be able to support my son. If you aren't on any kind of assistance, it's harder to get child support enforced.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm not on assistance and I got my child support enforced immediately after the divorce was final. Just walked from one area of the court house to the other. Texas is a bit stricter with child support.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• What little bit I get goes directly to my son for his extra curricular activities outside school/home (baseball, basketball), towards his everyday needs, clothes, shoes, toys or what have ya. It is money for him so I use it for him.

I do not get any government assistance and getting child support wasnt hard to get done. The ONLY problem on my part is getting the dumb arse to pay! I done gave up on expecting it BUT when and if it comes, the above is what I do with it!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 12:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When/if my mom got it for me, she used it for what I needed (clothes,food, that stuff). She had a full time job that covered our bills, but there was once or twice that she did have to use a little bit of it to pay a little on a bill. My real father was only ordered to pay $5 a week for me and somehow he couldn't afford that but we knew he was out getting dunk 4-5 times a week. Go figure. Oh well, karma is a b***h.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Depends on the needs of the week that I get child support. If we are not pressd for rent then we go shopping for clothes for my son...or we take him out to a movie w it.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My friend get 500 a month for 2 kids and they are wearing clothes that are way to small but the have a 52 inch flat screen a new car and new lap top it makes me mad to see her kids in clothes that don't fit them. My mom always paid bills took me shopping got food for me when she got it for me

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I usually use my sons child support to pay for his school lunches and to help buy food- a 7 year old boy eats ALOT! I haven't gotten any in 2 months since he got laid off- but will be using that against him in the court case we have going on
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 1:20 PM on May. 6, 2009