Has anyone tried that Pedi-egg thing on their feet? Does it hurt?

I was looking at one today at Walmart and it looks like a food grater! They make it look so easy and painless on TV, but I'm not sure how that could be painless. Anyone?

jjamom

Asked by jjamom at 12:35 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No it doesn't hurt and it doesn't really work either.
    Call4me

Answer by Call4me at 12:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My feet were not jacked up to begin with so it really worked well for me. It helped smooth skin that can sometimes get a bit dry. NO it does NOT hurt.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• the silver blade thingy gets dull real fast but it doesnt hurt
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 12:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It doesn't hurt but I hate the thing.

It doesn't work like they said it does. (My feet weren't "jacked up" either lol). Once you start using the thing, you have to keep going until your feet are smooth. Initially, it just makes them rougher. It takes a while before it actually gets to making your feet smooth. Also, it makes the dead skin on your feet into almost a powder when it collects into the back of the ped-egg so if you hold it at too much of an angle when you're using it, the dead skin falls right out of the thing and makes a mess any way lol. I threw mine out within a week or two of buying it. The traditional callous shaver is A LOT better for tough skin and the regular "emery board" type sanders work better for small jobs.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No but it doesn't work either.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:07 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No it does not hurt.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had one a while back and didn't like it. I thought the shape was kind of awkward to hold. It would sort of slip out of my hands. I sell Avon and I bought the Foot Works Tropical Coconut Foot File for $2.99 and its great. You should try one www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping at checkout. It won't hurt on any product like that as long as you don't press down super hard. Its meant to be used with gentle pressure. Try one of the foot works foot creams with it. I like the Callus Remover one. :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thanks for all of the replies. I don't have really "Jacked up" feet either - LMBO, but I do have a little area around the heel that needs some work. It's nice to know it's painless, but it doesn't sound like this is worth it, though. Thanks Usbornebooksdh, I will look at the Avon product.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 7:40 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My Mil got one for me for Christmas, and I love mine. It doesn't hurt. Use it when your feet are dry, right before you shower, then when you get out slather on some good lotion(we use Aloette(mil is a consultant..but it is the best..have used it for years) and put on sock..the trick for the pedi egg is to take off the dead skin and to hydrate the ''new'' skin...anyway jmo...but it isn't that expensive..btw..my hubby has used it and kinda digs ir..lol
    soccerjunki

Answer by soccerjunki at 9:16 PM on May. 8, 2009