Swine Flu has it hit close to your home yet ?

We have a case in the next county over Im a little worried about the schools is any one else

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are kind of close but not to close. I am not really concerned about it really. But then again I may freak out if one of my kids get it lol
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 8:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Its close but I'm not worried. The cases are mild and quite honestly, its not that big of a deal. People (as in THOUSANDS) die from the "regular" flu every year. Only 2 people have died in the US from this and only a few hundred have even had it, out of BILLIONS of people. THe media has blown this so out of proportion.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• swine flu case in a county south that is touching ours and a couple counties north of ours...causious...not worried.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We have one confirmed case in our county, but I am not too concerned about it. If my kids start to get sick, I will take them to the doctor. It's easily treatable, as long as you get to the doctor when symptoms first appear. The two people who have died from it here in the states (though the toddler was from Mexico), had underlying medical problems and didn't go to the hospital until their symptoms were very bad.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I work the ER as a NP, we tx the swine flu with the same meds "tamiflu" that we would treat the reg flu. The problem with it, this virus will mutate and the meds won't work. People are concerned about this flu and wearing masks. However, MILLIONS die a year of AIDS and males rarely wear a condom. Go figure.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• yep, they closed my kids school down for the week because two students tested positive for it. My children have had no symptoms(8 in 3rd grade and 6 in kindergarten). Sillyness all of it. Its just he flu for gods sakes. They told me I couldn't bring them to daycare either. I had to pull my 15 yo out of school just so I could go to work. Ugh

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 12:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• yes, there was a case in an elemetary school in my neighborhood. Spooky :(
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It's the flu. It realy isn't a big deal. People get the flu daily
    Anonymous

• Alot of the schools here are closed because of the swine flu. A few cases have been confirmed and there are hundreds of cases, that haven't been confirmed yet.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There has been 4 repoted cases in Missouri,
    racheal1977

Answer by racheal1977 at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2009