Was this out of line?

My son had a dr. appointment yesterday and when I went to check him in, I said to the middle-aged receptionist "Hi, my son has an appointment today." She gave me this weird look and said "Your SON has an appointment? You have a SON? You're not old enough to have a SON.." So I said "I'm 22. My husband over there is 26 and our son is only 9 months" And she said back "You don't LOOK 22". Now had this been said in a complimentary tone I would have just said "thank you" and left it at that. But the way she said it and the fact that she felt that as a pediatric receptionist she had the right to say such things insulted me. So I replied "Well, let's just hope it's still that way when I'M in my middle ages!" It shut her up. But then I thought about it and it was probably kind of rude...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you did the fair. she did it to you and you have the right to stand up for yourself so really i won't feel guilty i'm 30 but i look like i'm 22 maybe younger cause i still get id
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am 25 and people still card me or think that I am in high school. I am not old enough for it to be flattering..just plain annoying. But like you had the right to say..hope she is still saying that when i am in my middle ages..lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• LOL YOU GO GIRL!!!! lol thats great. i hate when those receptionists are rude!! They are ALWAYS horrible to me!!
    I was 17 when i had my son... and im 20 and going on child number two. due in June... They always look at me like im horrible or something....
    id give anything to have the opportunity to tell them off lol (in a nice way of course!!)
    Not only judgemental for my age... but are also VERY racist!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Thats what I tell people that say I'm to young to be a mommy I just grin and say well when I'm 40 I won't look it so I guess I have the upper hand
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Would have done the same thing. I would have been sooooo offended my her. Who does she think she is. She can get off HER high horse!!!!!
    I'm 23 and if anyone said that to me there would be a problem. You can think what you want, but keep it to yourself. Rude, rude, rude.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• way to go

Lol...speaking of which. My SO is 27 and I'm 22 but he just turned 27.

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If only there was a pill to make rude people go away!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:21 PM on May. 6, 2009