What do you do?

So a tornado is heading for you and you have no where to take cover., the News says you should lay flat in a ditch but all the ditches are full of water...what are your options? Drown or get sucked up by a twister?

**this was on the news last night, we had tornado warning, and the News said to lay in a ditch if you had no where else to go, but we were also getting TONS of rain and everything was flooded which they proceeded to warn of right after saying to lay in a ditch...**

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 12:52 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The ditch is just if your in a vechile and not inside a house. If your inside and theres a tornado warning get as many walls between you if you dont have any other shelter. If your outside and the ditches are filled, well I'd run into a house!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well let me see.. knowing that there was things flying around at all speeds ready to cut my head off.. we would all most likely get in the bath tub and cover our heads with a twin size mattress.. we live out in the middle of nowhere so it would be hard to run to the ditch or anything that was concreted in...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Id go in a bathtub with a mattress over my head. Thats what I see in the movies.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I know that. Thats why I specified if you are out and no where to go. ..its in the first line of the post.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I guess I'd sit in the ditch if I would still be able to keep my head above water to breathe, otherwise, I would choose taking a chance with being sucked up versus immediately drowning myself in the ditch. . .
    Tana6176

Answer by Tana6176 at 1:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• ha ha .. I'd probably run like a mad woman and up tripping and falling in a ditch full of water =O.. but I think I'd try to find a ditch that wasn't too full with that cement thingy where they regulate the water... and do my best to hold on and hope for the best...

Now if I had my children with me I don't know what I'd do probably the same thing as above cause here we have ditches that have the cement thingy to regulate water flow and they are not that deep once your in them =)

and my first thought when reading this was bathtub with mattress over head to!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 1:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Lay in the tub
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well if your stupid enough to be outside during a tornado warning then you deserve to get sucked up!!! Unless your driving of course, then I'd just step on it and out run the damn thing!!!
    Anonymous

• lol curl up in fetal possition and pray lol
    i really have no idea..... here in cali all i gotta worry about is earth quakes and DRAMA
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Lol!!! That is so funny. Aren't you the one who posted about the guy going into a bar and falling off a balconey? The news said alcohol may have been a facor! Maybe you need new news people!! I don't know what I would do.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:18 PM on May. 6, 2009