Do you think its ok for people who are under 18 to marry?

Do you think its ok for people under 18 to marry? why or why not?

and are there reasons where you think it is ok?

would you allow your underage child to marry?

How young is too young in your eyes?

teenmom2twins

Asked by teenmom2twins at 12:55 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I got married 2 weeks after I turned 18 and that was too young! I was responsible, but he wasn't. By the time I was 22 I was a single mom. I married my current hubby 2 years later and we are still going strong 15 years later. It's a matter of maturity on both sides but I really think you should wait at least until you are 21 or 22. JMPO
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No. Never.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No, they aren't ready for marriage. I got married at 20 and still wasn't ready.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No, I do not think it is ok for children uder 18 to marry.
    No, I would not allow my daughter to get married under the age of 18.
    I do not think there are reasons where it would be ok..like in your situation just giving birth to twins.
    I hope that my children will want to establish themselves and be independent before they want to get married and have children.
    I feel at 18 and younger, there are so many more years of learning and growing as your own person.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. Some teenagers are ready for such a commitment but yes many aren't nowadays. It use to be the norm for people to get married early. My great aunt married at 16 and has been married for over 50 years. My one aunt married right out of high school (right after her 18th birthday) and they have been married for I think close to 30 years. I married 1 week after my 18th birthday (my hubby was 22 though) and have been married now for going on 4 years. Some people just know when they are in love and understand the commitment that marriage is and is ready for it. If my sons want to marry before 18 I may let them. It depends on the circumstances of their relationship with their fiance.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Do you think its ok for people under 18 to marry? why or why not? yes

and are there reasons where you think it is ok? I did... let them go for it.

would you allow your underage child to marry? I would

How young is too young in your eyes? Too young would be like 12-15!
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I got married at 17. My 16 be 17 in june sister is getting married befor she turns 18.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:18 AM on May. 9, 2009