Night time diaper problem!

Well my son is 17monthes old, and he sleeps through the night most of the time! Hes been wakeing up alot lately not because hes hungry but because he has peed through his diaper and through his clothes! When i put him to bed i make sure he has a completely dry diaper on! Am i supposed to periodicly wake up and change his diaper in the middle of the night to avoid this problem, or is there a better solution! HELP! I need sleep! LOL! I feel like hes a new born again!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would switch to an overnight diaper. Huggies makes a great one called Huggies Overnights and since using them, we haven't had a single accident. I've got two girls in them - a 3 year old and a 2 1/2 year old.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I use the overnight diapers as well. They are expensive, but well worth it to me.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• True texasgurl33, they are more expensive, but since you only use them at night, they will last longer!! :-) Also, if you get Target diaper coupons for Huggies you can combine Target coupons with manufacturer coupons! Right now I have a $2.00 Huggies overnight coupon from Sunday's paper and a $1.50 Huggies coupon from Target. That's $3.50 off a pack, which is about $19.99 each.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 1:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i have had 3 girls and then 2 boys and they pee alot at night, i guess they leak more cuz they pee up front !!! huggies supreme work pretty well,i have noticed that putting him in the next size up for his nighttime diapers work. some places have "diaper doublers" they are hard to find, i fold it in half up front and that works. my 13 yr old DD told me one night as a joke to put a maxi pad in his diaper and it did work!!!
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 1:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter was wearing pampers and at night she started peeing through them even though I put her to bed dry. I switched to Huggies and she doesn't get leaks anymore. Not the overnight ones, just Huggies Supreme. Oh, and she is 17 months as well =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We found that Huggies Overnights also helped but he still occaisionally leaks.. Note: We've also had them "explode" on us leaking the gel-like stuff all over. Harmless as far as I can tell but very messy. We also found that going up a size in his regular diapers for nighttime helped just make sure to snug them up around his tummy.
    Anonymous

• HUGGIES OVERNITES are the BEST.

I had the same problem, my daughter is a camel, she drinks like she is going to spend a week in the desert. Hence, she would soak herself in the night and wake up. Huggies Overnites were the answer, and the diaper problem was solved. Now at 17 months she sleeps thru the night because she isn't "soaked" she is just wet, come the morning. The diaper is so absorbent, and the liner stays dry. They are amazing.
    HMMom07

Answer by HMMom07 at 2:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Three solutions:
    Huggies Overnights (simply awesome!)
    Diaper doublers These are like maxi-pads with no backing. They go in the diaper and help hold more pee. Most grocery stores sell them under the stores name brand.
    A cloth diaper with a water proof cover. Put this on OVER his regular diaper. It will hold any pee that overflows so you don't have soaking clothes and a wet, unhappy boy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:01 PM on May. 6, 2009