How often do you worry about money?

Lately I have been thinking about my bills and money situtation 24/7 and the stress is about to do me in!

My hours have been cut in half, and I have been doing everything I can think of to try and get another part-time job and to cut expenses each month, but I am losing sleep at night over it all.

Do you worry about money? How do you cope and not become so stressed about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Every day!! My boyfriend has not made much money in two months and finally had to take a minimum wage job. We have fallen behind on everything and daycare is just to expensive especially with summer coming up. So I opted to do the home-based biz thing and so far so good. I didn't want to wait tables again so took the chance to get in on a great opportunity that promises you can make a six figure income in 2-4 years if you work it 8-10 hours a week consistently. It doesn't happen overnight and it does take effort but in a few years I will have not EVER worry about how my light bill and rent will be paid again! lo There's a link on my page to my website if anyone wants to check it out. :-)
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 8:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm a sahm, and SO is the moneymaker. he has a secure job. he works 6 days a week and long hours. he;s the only mechanic on site, so I know he wont be laid off any time soon. but yes I do worry about money sometimes. we live check to check. but we live comfortably! sometimes we might have to sacrifice paying the cell phone bill on time so we have enough for rent or groceries but it isnt too often
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hubby is in the Army and actually makes good money. We don't live paycheck to paycheck (like we used to)...we are really lucky.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Daily... I get even worse when it close to juggle which is gona have to be paid and which is gona have to be put off till later. I lose sleep, having troubles eating. I don't deal with it well either. Any one have any ideals on how to cope I would like to know them as well.
    Anonymous

• yes, I worry about money a lot. DH just got laid off, I hardly make a thing. (I work full time at a daycare but my kids come with two days a week, which is still a big chunk of the paycheck) This month is going to be horrible. As long as we make the mortgage and utilities I will be happy but we will most likely have to cancel our health insurance and I am 6 months pregnant. I haven't figured out how not to become stressed except every time I look at my kids they make me smile and I know they love me no matter what. As long as they have love and food, they are happy so that helps.
    Anonymous

• I worry, but so far not losing sleep. My hours are being cut in half starting in July, so this makes me more anxious.

Answer by Bmat at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Every day, several times a day. That said, I don't pull my hair out over it. But my husband and I talk about it every day.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm just worried about my job status.

~the financial cookbook (or book cooking) lady
    Anonymous