wht colors is the baby whn he is born an the shape of his head

is he covered with nasty stuff an is he goin to be red wht about another color an is his head goin to be shaped all weriod

jessica82009

Asked by jessica82009 at 1:14 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby is usually red. Initially he's gonna have goo all over him though. His head shape depends on the delivery process. But generally round.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The baby will have a cone head for a few hours but it will go down. They are usually purple or blue and within minutes turn pink. Expect some white stuff, blood and maybe poop if they have a bm before birth. You will notice little red welts and things but they go away within a few days. They clean them off within minutes and if you dont want to see it have them clean the baby before they give him to you. I made them clean my daughter before I touched her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Our daughters head was a little coned for about 2 hours and then went to a normal round size. It has to fit in the canal so it will look a little weird at first but quickly changes.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• well my daughter was jus a little red but not alot and she did come out with this white stuff on her but at the time you dont care what they have on them and yeah they might come out with a weird shape to there head but it can go away really quick all the nurses thought my little girl was a c-section the next day cause her head was back to normal
    sam0816

Answer by sam0816 at 1:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Head shape depends on how the baby was birthed. A child's head molds to fit through the birth canal. It can be cone shaped but that usually lasts only a couple of hours.

My daughter's head was perfectly round.

She was covered in Vernix, which is great for their skin :) She wasn't red, she was pink. She also wasn't covered in blood. The vernix was a greyish color.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• you should watch TLC a baby story...or bringing home baby.. I watch those all the time and they answered alot of questions for me before I even thought about asking them. You get to see what birth is really like and what the baby is like when it first comes out. theres other shows to like deliver me..or delivery home edition.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• why should it matter? after pushing that baby out you won't even care, you'll just want to hold her/him.
    Anonymous

• white babies tend to be redder as well as babies of hispanic, indian , etc decent and black babies can be purplish , they are covered by a clear slimy film with maybe a little blood btu its not bad they wipe most of it off when they come out.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:08 PM on May. 6, 2009