Life insurance on children....

Is it legit? Do you think I should get one on my son? I've heard that some policies are scams. What did you do?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:16 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would trust the Gerber one my kids had that some people think its wrong but think about it God forbid something happens to your child wouldn't you want to make sure they have a proper burial and service

Anonymous

• If you want it get it from a good place. Gerber offers life insurance and its legit, we have it on our daughter and my sister has it on her 3 kids. Don't just go with any site, do a trusted site and do research, if it sounds to good to be true then it is.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We don't have it, but like the pp said. Gerber has one and the only reason we would get one is if God forbid something horrible happens. I wouldn't want to worry, along with everything else going on, about having money for the funeral.
    Anonymous

• I'm considering Gerber but I heard through the grapevine that it is a scam. I'm a little reluctant.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have watched many experts talk about this. They don't believe this is a worth while investment. Your best bet is to invest in a Life insurance policy on your self and your spouse. A small Whole Life policy also provides savings on the side you can use towards your child's education later in life if you want. If you are doing this for future use of the money then also a College savings plan would be good too. If you have ligitiment (sp) fears about your child's health then I would go with the Gerber plan.
    MommyofTwins616

Answer by MommyofTwins616 at 1:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Gerber grow up plan

in 2003 my cousin died at 23 and if it wasnt for that he wouldnt have had a decent funeral

In 07 my 15 year old cousin died and her parents had insurance on her and once again thats how she had a decent funeral.

R.I.P Paul (pj) Nichols and Danielle L Ireland
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We have life insurance on the kids through dh's work. It is a small percentage of the amount on the primary insured person. It would be enough for a funeral service and burial. If you were ever in that situation, cost would be the last thing you would want to have to think about.
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You can also incorporate your child's life insurance in with your own. Just depends on the plan and the company.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 1:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We have a poilcy with State Farm insurance, on our son n on my husband! I would say it realible do you homework study the place the policies, take it to your lawyer!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think most legitimate insurance companies have life insurance plans for kids. We have been meaning to look into them but havent got around to it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:36 PM on May. 6, 2009