would you still get a tattoo if your husband didn't want you to get one?

i have 4 already. he's known for months that i was planning this tattoo out. i think he's uncomfortable with the fact that my artist is male. he's been moping around since i made the appointment and put in $100 deposit. would you give up & lose the deposit or get it anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd get it anyhow when I get the money I plan on getting my 3rd one dh dont want me to but I look at it this way in 22 years old and nowhere in our vows does it say I must obay him it says love honor and cherish. I'm my own person and its my body
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• What is the tattoo of and where are you getting it? My husband would be with me if I got one. I have 8 myself and he has been with me for all but 3 and then my brother and his girl friend were with me. If my husband was against it I would have kept my money until he was either okay with it or we came to an agreement on it. You need to figure out what his issue is with it first.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• hell I'd get it anyways! male or female, it's the artist's job, theres nothing sexual about it. maybe he can come with you? I mean I understand if the tattoo will be on the breast or "down there" since the artist will see mostly everything, but most artists are professional and think nothing of it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i would get it anyway but if he is uncomfortable because its a man, i would arrange it so he could be there too.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't do it if he really didn't want me to. We're a team!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• uhh if you already put 100 down on it get it!!! thats a waste of a lot of money if you dont! and regardless i agree its the artists job so no matter where you get it, its not hing that person hasnt seen before, or wont see again if you decide against it. my husbands like this but i think hes just mad bc i have 12 and he only has 4 or 5 lol. go for it, youve already made the appointment with the artist and put money down, dont waste it!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes I would.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• its gonna be on my upper back of a dragon/tiger. he will be there with me but he has somewhat of an agressive attitude & i'm afraid he might make my artist angry by staring at him & the artist will just mangle my tattoo cuz he's mad at my husband. i want him to be there because the tattoo is symbolic of our relationship (yin/yang/balance) he knew beforehand that i wanted this tattoo & drove me to pay for my deposit. his discomfort with my tattoo only started when we walked into the shop and he saw the artist. i love him & i dont know how to handle this.
    Anonymous

• he will get over it in a few days just do it
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I certanly would. Its my body, not his. He may be unhappy, but hell get over it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:41 PM on May. 6, 2009