Pregnant after having tubes tied?

Is it possible to become after you already have your tubes tied? I have my tubes tied I got it done a year ago but a couple of weeks ago I started feeling pregnancy symptoms. I don't know if it's possible or if could just be hormones going crazy! I am asking this anonymously cause I really don't want to be bashed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is possible things happen all the time. However I have been trying to get pregnate and i was 14 days late on my ministrale cycle and i was having pregnacy symptoms and i went to the dr to have a blood test done and it was negitive and the dr told me that with in a year of delivery that you can have hormone imbalances that will cause your body to think you are pregnate when you are not. You HCG levels will not increase with hormone imbalances. However you should take a test because tubal pregnacys are common after tubles and they can be life threating if gone untreated.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 1:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• its possible but very unlikely...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes it can happen. Its never 100% as they can come untied if they were not cut and burnt. My friend got pregnant 4 years after hers but it was a tubal and she had to end the pregnancy. It is possibly at any point but even a higher risk in the first 2 years.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• How old are you? Premenopause can also cause pregnancy like symptoms.
    brailynsmama08

• Hi I'm the one who posted this and to answer a couple of the questions I just turned 24 and they did the loop and tie not the cut and burn.
    Anonymous

• id take a pregnancy test...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• hug4akiss I should but my hubby would probably crap himself if he saw me come home with 1!LOL
    Anonymous

• then id go to the doctos and have them take a test...you can always tell him your going for something else...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• hug4akiss If I had ins I would. I'll probably just go get a test and take it when he's not home.
    Anonymous