Would you marry a man you were not sexually attracted to?

I've been dating this guy on and off for 6 years. He is awesome to my DD and I in every way, shape and form. He loves us both and we both love him. The only thing is i'm not sexually attracted to him. He's kinda on the big side. And with the he eats I dont see him losing weight anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, he can turn me on. But when I look at him I don't think "damn hes sexy" its more like "hes a wonderful man and pretty cute".
So yeah. Would you marry a man you were not sexually attracted to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• hmm thats tough. not to sound shallow but its true, its hard to be with someone you arent physically attracted to. you have to have a physical connection on top of emotional, spiritual, etc. it always happens that way.. the one man that is what you need is just missing the one thing you want. talk to him about the weight loss and if hes serious about it that could change you whole out look on it. good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am in that situation now....I love him and he is a WONDERFUL man...I don't think he is attractive but his personality does make him a little sexy. He is big enough now that he smashes me during sex and that I have to be on top. I am a smaller girl (100lbs less than him). I understand where you are coming from but yes...I will marry him because I know I am lucky to be loved by him. He treats me like his queen
    Anonymous

• You should be attracted to him in every way. Maybe you need to get over yourself and look past it if he is so good to you and your daughter. If its been 6 years and your having sex with him then you must not mind it that much. It seems to me you have an issue within yourself. Have you tried to get him to eat healthier and work out with you? My husband isn't as small as he used to be but who is he is and the father he is makes the weight unnoticeable to me. I look past his weight because he is a great guy and I know that I am not perfect with my body either. WE are BOTH working on our weight and I love him for him and not what his weight is.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Probably. Weight is something he can change if he wants to. If he's got everything else going for him, why not? I think that's a much smarter idea than women that marry these "hot men" who are completely worthless.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• yes! for me it's all about personality, trust, honesty and openness.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Maybe you should suggest that you both start a healither life style. Start working out with him and eating healthy with him. If you two do it together maybe he won't feel like he's being attacked or anything.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I know how u feel im not attracted to my SO like I used to be. Dont get me wrong he is a good dad and boyfriend but sexually no im not attracted. I think me and my so will be getting married here in a few months and I personally dont see anything wrong with it. He makes good money and he is a good man. Not to many of those left. Im keeping mine.
    Anonymous

• Though I am not as attracted to my fionce as I would like to be (he has gained weight and I am a health freak) I love him dearly and would not have that be a deal breaker. My ex husband was always trim and toned but the biggest prick I know. I will marry for love and not looks
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No. I wouldnt because I think sex is a big part of marriage.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• In all honesty, if all of those WONDErFUL things don't make him attractive to you, I would stop wasting his time. Don't you think he deserves someone who will be head over heals, over the top crazy for him in every way? How do you think he'd feel if he knew how you felt? How would you feel if a man was with you because you were good with his kid & treated him well, but didn't think you were physically attractive? As some mentioned, I don't think it's about marrying a hot guy instead, who says you have to be married at all, it's not a requirment for goodness sake. I think you should let him go for someone who will cherish him in every way. If after six years you still have not grown to find him attractive I don;t think you ever will & I don't think that is fair to him.
    Anonymous