meatloaf. I don't have any tomato soup... can I make it without or use only ketchup in the meatloaf its self (not just on top)?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 1:46 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Add some ketchup or some heinz 57.. i don't use tomato soup in mine, and its excellent
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 1:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have never made it with tomato soup; just ketchup. So I'd have to say, yes, you can make it without soup :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 1:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't use tomato soup, I mix in onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and then put ketchup on the top
    Anonymous

• Yup Ketchup, i use 1/3c in mine. Never used soup for it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have never use tomato soup before. i always use tomato sauce in the meatloaf and tomatoe paste on the top. i am sure ketchup would work just fine.
    Anonymous

• I actually do the ketchup on top and add a palmful of brown sugar to it. Sometimes if i am feeling really crazy I will add rosemary into the ketchup/brown sugar mixture. I've never thought of using tomato soup before. That might make it interesting on my Really crazy days. :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The great thing about meatloaf is pretty much anything goes. I never use tomato soup, usually tomato sauce and BBQ sauce actually. If I don't have the tomato sauce I just add extra BBQ sauce. I love using BBQ because it gives it a little bit different taste than most.

Ketchup would work fine as well.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I use soy sauce in mine, I have never used ketchup or tomato anything in my meatloaf. I also add parm cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, an egg and lawrys seasoning salt along with diced onions and sometimes shredded cheese.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I've never used tomato soup in my meatloaf... interesting, I am much like many of those that posted already, I experiment and make it different ways with what I have. A meatloaf most commonly is a little of this and that of what a person has rolled into the meat and seasoned, at least that was what it was back in the olden days.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I've never used tomato soup before, or heard of tomato soup being used in meatloaf that's a new to me. I use Ketchup and tomato sauce.
    I put in the meatloaf mixture itself, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt ,pepper, and tomato sauce
    and on top I put on ketchup.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 4:50 PM on May. 6, 2009