What is your favorite Cook Book?

I previously posted saying I didn’t know how to cook. Everyone recommended buying a cookbook. I went and I got scared!! There is SOOOO many to choose from. My family is Mexican, me being Mexican-American my husband is Mexican and we have a 5 month old. We love all types of food, so I'm open to any recipes thanks!

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 1:50 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cooking for dummies lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I love my America's Test Kitchen Cookbook. It's great. I use it all the time.
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 2:08 PM on May. 6, 2009

• it seems like they are a waste of money since you can just get recipes for most things online(like at allrecipes.com) unless it is a specialty cook book or something. I just find recipes i like,perfect them over time to my families likeing and then write them down in my own cook book i bought at Hallmark that you just fill in yourself.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with Cooking for Dummies. Also good old Betty Crocker cookbook. Go online to www.kraftfoods.com www.recipezaar.com www.foodnetwork.com and print out the recipes you like and put into a 3 ring binder in sheet protectors. The Kraft foods site even has cooking demo videos on the site.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• www.vegweb.com has great family tested recipes.
    Before you buy a cookbook, go to the library and read though some; check a couple out and try a recipe or two. If you are really new to cooking, start with a kids cookbook; I love Pretend Soup.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms about checking out the library! The have tons of cookbooks. You might find a favorite there, I did! I checked out Dom DeLuise's "Eat This, It'll Make You Feel Better" so many times that I finally bought it! I really like my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It seems to have everything in there to tell you how to do different things. Another favorite is the Betty Crocker cookbooks. They have specialty ones for Brides and other events. (one is pink and helps breast cancer research)
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Kraft Foods puts out a FREE magazine 4 times a year. It has some really good recipes in it and they're all easy to make.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 8:57 PM on May. 7, 2009