Should I be concerned if I haven't felt the baby move yet?

I'm 19 weeks today. My doctor said it's normal to start feeling the baby anywhere from 16-18 weeks, and now I'm 19 and still nothing. I'm a terrible worrier, and I just want to know that my baby is okay. Do you think I should go to the doctor, or just wait a little longer?

ArmyM0mmy2Be

Asked by ArmyM0mmy2Be at 1:51 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was almost 22 weeks before I felt it. They usually say 20 plus weeks before its real movement. If you haven't felt it by 22 weeks then I would call.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There's always a chance you actually have felt it and just not realized it. It really feel exactly like gas for the first few weeks.
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 1:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I didn't feel my son until 24 weeks. The way the placenta was positioned is the reason why.
    Anonymous

• I didn't feel either of my kids move until I was about 20-22 weeks along.
    autumnsmommy02

Answer by autumnsmommy02 at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2009