schedule help (4mos old - starting foods)

so heres her schedule ... but we're working food into it , and wondering where to place it , and how much should her bottles be ... any ideas?

8am
12pm
4pm
8pm
12am
sleeps all nite

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do a bottle at 8 am, with some cereal. then do her lunch between 12 and 4 and then her dinner when you eat or before. She wont eat more than a tablespoon at first so her bottles should stay the same.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My pediatricians always told me, try solids first thing when they wake up because they are hungry, and she will be more likely to eat what she is given rather than getting a bottle and being satisfied. When my kids started solids (between 4 and 6 months) we would do about a tablespoon of solid food to start out with and if they wanted more, we would do another tablespoon, then give a 4 oz bottle just to give them a drink. At lunch time, we would do another tablespoon or so of solids then another 4 oz bottle. During the day, around 4 or 5, we would give a full 8 oz bottle. Then for dinner, another tablespoon or so of babyfood and 4-6 oz bottle to make sure they still got enough milk through the day.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Solids are best in the morning before they're starving. My son always wakes up in a good mood so that's why I thought it would be the best time. Your baby still needs around 24oz of formula a day even with eating solids. Wait to ask your doctor about when you should cut back because formula is VERY important and is also where they get their water.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Four months is very early for solids. Most nutritionists recommend waiting until 6 months. www.superbabyfood has great information on feeding babies and toddlers.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Four months is very early for solids. Most nutritionists recommend waiting until 6 months. www.superbabyfood has great information on feeding babies and toddlers
    ---
    thats not the question i asked , please post that answer to a question about when to start ... thank you.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Four months is too early for solids. I know it sounds fun and exciting, making it hard to wait, but really, your child's body isnt ready for it yet. Only two more months and you can go to town, but it's best to wait until he's at LEAST six months.

When you do start, wholesomebabyfood.com has a lot of good meals and preparation ideas. I also recommend homemade baby foods that dont have all the extra crap in them, and FYI infant cereal is very constipating, so if you use it and find that your baby has a hard time going number two, the cereal might be the culprit.
    Anonymous

• Anon:I have replied to an answer like this already. But I will say it again. That is not what I asked ok? Thank you
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Just noticed my question is anon : retarded blackberry! Lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2009