What can I do to help support him.

My boyfriend wants to go into the military. He would be an engineer. I want him to go for it and be happy. But he wants me to be happy with his choice. And he knows that i am not happy when I'm not with him. He doesn't want us to get married until I'm out of school completely. Me or my son can't move in with him if he is living on base till we are married. So how can i show him i am happy and i'll wait for him to be ready to marry me and to let him be happy while he is awaiting

Asked by XavierLeesmommy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm just glad I'm not in the situation. My brother and my now sis-in-law went through that. It was hard on her 2, but if you love him you have to let him make his own decisions and support him 100%. Because if he loves you- he would support you also.

Answer by love_my_boys at 10:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i'm a military wife and let me tell you, i hate the moving, having to drag your kids out of a school away from friends that they love, and then being away from family, its terrible, but its worth it when i think about the sacrifices my husband and i make so that everyone else can stay in one place and be near family and have all of those freedoms that most of us take for granted. just be strong and get through school, marry the man and live happily ever after. good luck!

Answer by 4weeman at 10:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Ok first off... if he wants to go in you have two options #1 Do not support him and move on with your life. #2 Support him any way you can. There is no short answer on how to support him but if you want to chat about feel free to PM me. IMO** If he is going to go in ya'll need to get MARRIED!! Then you will be on ins, you will be able to have an ID, he will get BAH for you... if you are not married you can not be put on his life insurance. There are so many reasons for you to get married if he is going to join. Go to the JP now and plan you blowout weding for later. Some FRG's won't update g/f's during deployment. I know at the begginning it seems SO SO SO SO SO SCARY but, really once you get in there and start learning the ropes things are not as bad.

Answer by chel1195 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• BTW my husband is active Army

Answer by chel1195 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would marry him right this minute but my son now was a big and beloved oops with another guy. I'm 16 and he is 19. He wants his life started but he is willing to wait for me. My mom said if me and him would like to get married after i turned 17 she would sign for me to get married.

Answer by XavierLeesmommy at 10:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Your question is how can you show him that you are happy?
    Well, ARE you happy? If you ARE, then there really isn't any more to say. Simply LIVE that, be honest wth him, and he will see in the sincerity of your words and actions the truth of how you feel.
    If you are asking how you can BE happy with that situation, that is an entirely different matter, and only you can discern that.
    All the best to you.

Answer by DivaMomCC at 10:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I too would marry him...what better way to show him you approve?? LOL. I know that is not the only basis of a marriage. but why can't you be married and in school? I assume you are not in HIGH SCHOOL (LOL). You have to do what you have to do. Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Acutally i am in highschool i'll grad from high school in 2011 if i don't start homeschooling. If i start homeschooling i can grad by 2010 and the latest.

Answer by XavierLeesmommy at 10:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I was in the same boat. My husband then fiancee at the time went to ait and went into active duty. I stayed in high school and gradated with my class. I told him I loved him & supported him but graduating from high school was something I wanted to do. Three months after I graduated we got married.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• He will want to get married after two weeks in boot camp, they all do.