its my first baby and im 17 wks and still havent felt baby kick is that normal?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 2:10 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it usually doesn't happen until 20 plus week. If you haven't felt it around 22 plus then call.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I know it is hard to wait but give it some time it will happen. I didnt feel my twins till after 20 weeks. I think the harder you try to feel it the longer it seems to take lol.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2009

• With your first baby you can't really be sure that you really feel the baby moving because it kind of feels like indigestion! 20 weeks is about the norm for first time moms! At your next appointment mention your concern to your Dr. They usually do an ultrasound around that time anyway to check the growth!
    purdy222

Answer by purdy222 at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• im 18 weeks and i havent felt kicking but i feel fluters...it happend for about 2 days and i havent felt anything since but i do feel the head jammed into my hip..so just wait for it you will notice it .
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes it is very normal. I am expecting my 4th baby and with this baby and the previous 3 I began to feel decent kicks around 20-22 weeks , although every woman is different I wouldnt worry about it , you will feel that baby soon !
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 4:00 PM on May. 6, 2009