How do i get my husband to get me something or even say something on mothers day?

i tell ghim he needs to get me soemthing for mothers day and he like someone else said in their question he says im not his mom. He says i can expect something when my baby is big . i hate that what can i tell hiim or do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe let him know that it would be nice if he could pick something out for you from the baby- since the baby is too little to shop. If he resists, then there is not much you can do to change him. Why not go out and buy yourself something from the baby?
    I let my hubs know that if he does nothing for mothers day then fathers day does not exist. And then I do not even acknowledge that day.
    Anonymous

• sorry but I agree with him. He needs to get his mother something not you.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't agree with him at all.

You are the mother of HIS children.. That day is dedicated to ALL mothers, not just our mothers. I firmly believe that husbands should at least say "Happy Mother's Day." to their wives. Gifts are always optional in my house. But an acklowledgement of the day is important.

By him telling you that he isn't obligated to recognize you on that day makes me think that he doen't appreciate you as a mother to his children.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Do you have a child with him? If yes, then he needs to either get you something or atleast acknowledge the day, after all, you are his child's mother and what better way to show your child how to appreciate you, when he/she sees daddy doing it?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:39 PM on May. 6, 2009