Does your mother soil your child?

My son is six months old and she picks him and feed him candy and junk food.....am I the only one with this problem.....HELP

Wonder_Mommie

Asked by Wonder_Mommie at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh she would get one hell of a chewing out for feeding my son that stuff at that age. explain to her that stuff is fine for when he is older, but right now he needs food with nutrition to grow. not crap. I wouldn't let or leave my child around her if she continued either.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yah just put your foot down and say it can cause damage to his health and if shes not going to stop tell her you cant have her watch him. i know its tuff to tell your mother that but its gotta be done
    KM52mom

Answer by KM52mom at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You absolutely can not spoil a baby with love and by picking them up/holding them often, but candy and junkfood?! Hell no! Put your foot down. That's absolutely disgusting and wrong. Your six month old child does not need that crap in his body, and now is a crucial time for creating good eating habits. You are the mother, and you make the rules, your mom HAS to respect that. If she keeps doing it, tell her your not going to let her be around your son anymore. If you have to, dig the candy and junk food out of his mouth. Do what you need to do for your child's health!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 4:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Ditto kate_jocelyn
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No, my mom has seen my 7 month old a handful of times she doesnt even no who her gramma is its really sad, just be thankful you have that problem and tell her you love her but it needs to stop your the mom now and you would rather she didnt give him junk food and candy if all else fails use the dental reasoning on her. sugar is horrible for baby teeth
    gonnahavababy

Answer by gonnahavababy at 10:43 PM on May. 8, 2009