Very cranky baby!

My five month old daughter just started doing something and I need some help. About a month ago, When she gets tired she will fight it! I try everything, I try rocking her to sleep, nursing her, singing to her, giving her toys, but nothing I do will stop her from throwing a fit. She will cry, and when i try to nurse her she will try arching away from me! I dont want to let her "cry it out!" That seems horrible to me! What can I Do? Any suggestions?

Rebekahs_Mommy

Asked by Rebekahs_Mommy at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like she is getting over tired. Try starting the nursing and bedtime routine earlier.

Your gut says you don't want to let her cry it out, listen to it, your mother instinct is right! That is not the only alternative. I don't believe that a 5 month old who is over tired wants to be "left alone".

She could be teething too, or perhaps a growth spurt is making her over tired.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• All you can do is let her cry it out even if you dont want to. She might be overly tired and just wants to be left alone. If you tried everything then lay her down and walk away and if she doesn't stop within 20 minutes then try again and if she still acts the same let her cry.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Try and see if you can figure out when she is getting like that and try and get her to sleep before that. look for signs like her rubbing her eyes or yawning. that way you can try and get her to sleep before shes really tired. Also try and have it quiet in the room your trying to get her to sleep or have a noise maker quietly in the background . hope all goes well ive been through the same thing
    KM52mom

Answer by KM52mom at 3:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My graddaughter just started doing this about a week ago, the pedi said she had a bacterial viral
    infect. which should las fro 7-11 days, she does this all napping and bedtime, we jst stand and dance around until she finally gives up. I hope this helps, oh amd also he gave my daughter a RX for something at bed time to help her rest, works soso
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 12:27 AM on May. 7, 2009