Sleeping??

How do you get your baby to sleep in their crib from the swing? Once Dresden is getting tired it's pretty obvious but he'll fight going to sleep SO hard unless he has two things: his favorite blanket that his grandma made him (it has holes, so I'm not scared about him not being able to breathe), and his swing. It'll knock him right out!

If I try to put him in his crib after rocking him (even if he's asleep already) he'll wake up right away or within 10-20mins when he'll sleep two hours in the swing! If he's not asleep but just really tired, I'll turn the mobile on and he'll like it for a little bit but then get pissed off and won't go to sleep till he's in his swing.

Oh and by the way the only reason I'm really worried about it is I'm pregnant AGAIN and I know I'll need the swing for the newborn.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just my opinion but stop using the swing NOW!!!! If he is that dependant of it you should break him of it now. It will be tough but the sooner you stop using the swing for him the easier it will be to get him to go to bed on his own.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I know that I need to, that's why I posted the question. I was just wondering what's the best way to go about it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• OH sorry I would just go cold turkey. We have the fisher price fish crib thing and my boys love it. We lay them in bed still awake and will put themselves to sleep if they wake up at night they will turn on their fish and go back to sleep. If you can put the swing away for now so no one is tempted to use it. That might help and I dont know if you are into the crying it out thing but you might have a few tough days and just get him used to the idea that he will be ok without his swing.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• That's a good idea to put it away! Where did you get the fisher price fish thing?
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• walmart carries them I will find you a link
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=buocean&pid=41856
    I couldnt find it at walmart.com but this is the fisher price web site It is even better than the ones i have it now has a remote!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had the same problem but slowly got her used to napping in her crib each day for naps i would start her off in her crib and if she hadnt slept yet by the time it was time for her last nap of the day i would put her in the swing. but usually she would get so tired she would eventually sleep in her crib. so dont give up he will soon get used to it
    KM52mom

Answer by KM52mom at 3:09 PM on May. 6, 2009