How do i tell the man im ive fell in love w and has been there for me that im going back to my babies father.

me and my so broke up a few months ago and i have been seeing another guy. ive falling in love with this man he's been there and treated me with respect and been such a sweet person. But recently my so has decided he wants to work things out. we have 3 year old daughter together and i don't know what to do he treated me so badly in the past but i will always love him. I don't wanna go back and then regret it for the rest of my life that i passed up on someone who treated me so well what do i do?

mdavis905

Asked by mdavis905 at 2:13 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• If he treated you bad for 3 years then he is probably lonely now so he wants you back with him or he is jealous of this other guy. Do what makes you happy. If he has been mean to you for 3 years then a few months apart wont change anything unless he sought counseling.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Try to remember the reasons you and your SO broke up in the first place. Has he changed in a few weeks, probably not. You also need to know that it's not always best for the parents of a child to be together just because you have a child. Sometimes its better for the child, if the parents, not to be together, like if yuou fight a lot or he treats you badly. Are you a better parent with out the father as your SO? Also, take into consideration that this new guy might just be a rebound. Sure he treats you much better than your SO did but the relationship is still new. If it were me, I might want to see where that could take me. If your SO treated you that badly, why would you want to consider going back to him? You will always be attached to him because you have a child with him, but you don't have to be with him. I would take a step back, take sometime for yourself, and not rush in to either relationship. But that's just me.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Im just afraid becuz i know that my so does this he says he will change and he does and then goes back to the way he was. And this knew guy has offered so much to me in the past two months i was there for him when he was in a really ruff sitiuation and we started as friends and it has led to more. He's offered to help out with my daughter and make things work. But its like so much history with one person as opposed to only a few months. I never thot someone would make me this happy im so torn.
    mdavis905

Answer by mdavis905 at 2:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think your going to f**k up a good thing
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Going back because he is your childs father is not the answer..
    You call them you
    X for reasons..
    I would rethink your choice..You say you fell in love with this new guy...
    Where does your heart take you...I hope not your X because don't think he no longer
    will abuse you, because once he gets you back again...he will return again..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You are NOT in love with both men. I think you should work on yourself and define the word before hurting more men. Do them both a favor and stay single. You are just using them to have someone take care of you. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• If you love your childs father, i mean really love him, GO BACK. I decided to stay with someone other than my son's father, even after my son's father and i had worked things out, and were happy, and i regret it everyday. Don't be like me.
    Anonymous

• why would you go back, knowing that the man treated you badly? Despite the fact of him being yoru child's father, you've got to look at what makes you happy...and there's one thing that I've learned in this life that will never change...if you leave someone for someone else, you'll regret it later on...so before you begin making life changes, you need to sit down, weigh the pros and cons of being with "the man you've fallen in love with" and your "child's father" and see what you come up with...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:36 PM on May. 6, 2009