• In the Spotlight:

What's the probability that I'll have my baby before my due date?

I know that a baby is said to be fully developed after 37 weeks. My due date is Oct. 1st, and My husband is deploying in October, the only way he would have a guaranteed paternity leave is if I have the baby before 40 weeks or have a c-section on the due date. How often to mothers give birth before their due date? Is the baby still healthy? I really want to try for a natural birth, but I want my husband to be able to spend time with the baby before he leaves.

ArmyM0mmy2Be

Asked by ArmyM0mmy2Be at 2:17 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doc about natural ways to induce labor if you want to have the baby before he leaves. You can have your membranes striped, and sex can also help in some situations. Just be in communication with your doc or midwife.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the baby. Also if your mom went early with her kids you are more likely to go early. But most first time moms go late.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• it depends..is this your first child? If so youll more then likely be late (I know that sucks to hear). But there are ways to induce labor (natural ways are better for the health of you and baby but not gauranteed to work)
    Anonymous

• hmm tough one we are all different but keep in mind only 3-4% of babies are born on their due dates.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• it really depends. some women are 2-3 weeks early and some go past their due date...very few give birth on their due date (that is, labor on their own)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2009