what is....

the worse/best advice you have ever been given about raising a child??

My best: My grandma told me that no matter what I did, or how bad I felt that I screwed up, my child would always love me no matter what.

my worse: ( and i never ever ever did it and was acctually quite ticked that they would suggest it) when my son wouldn't go to sleep one night, and he was 6 months old, my SIL told me to rub some nyquil on his gums.......

just curious to see what crazy or good advice you have been given

half_pint660

Asked by half_pint660 at 2:18 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Remember to breathe was the best advice I ever got and I give it out myself now.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• the best advice I ever got was to enjoy my kids. Not just parent, but enjoy them. I don't think I have ever gotten any REALLY bad advice.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• the best advice is to cherish it because it goes by so fast!! Soo true!! I kind of ignore the bad advice and trust myself. :)
    Bex73

Answer by Bex73 at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My family friend/godmother: It will not hurt to let your baby cry once in a while. It's better to let them cry than to lose your temper and get flustered.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• best: sometimes its best to let them cry otherwise they will begin to be spoiled and you will have a serious problem on your hands

worst: don't think ive ever had any bad advise
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• when I first had my dd my MIL told me it was very important to make sure her ears were flat when I put her hat on so I didn't mess up her ears... that was good advise ...lol

I let bad advice go in one ear and out the other so i cant remember any but I know i got some... well yeah when my son was teething I was told about the JD on the gums... bad advise but i did not follow...

kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 2:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Worst: sit your 2 year old child down and discuss with him why his behavior is wrong and get him to apologize and promise to never do it again. (yeh, right!)
    Best: repeat after me: I am the parent, I am the parent, I am the parent........
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The dust bunnies aren't going anywhere. Relax and enjoy your baby.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:28 PM on May. 6, 2009