I am 14 weeks and have only gained a pound...is that normal?

With my first child, I gained as soon as I saw that the test was positive...I didn't get sick either, but with this one I was puking my guts out...sorry for being graphic...but i was still able to maintain the weight.

JacksonRJ

Asked by JacksonRJ at 2:19 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• From what I understand, it is completely normal for your weight to stay the same in the first trimester - especially when you are sick. Unfortunately for me, I am 13 weeks and have already gained about 5 lbs even though I was really sick for a while. I think as long as you are eating good, healthy foods at regular intervals your baby will be fine. Good luck with your new LO!!
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 2:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I didnt gain very much weight until beginning of second trimester, just eat healthy and stay hydrated
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• as best you can anyway and eat small meals instead of big ones..kinda nibble it will help you keep from puking
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• With all of mine I was at a net weight loss at 14 weeks and I still ended up with an appropriate weight gain by the time the babies were born.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i am 33 weeks and have gain a whopping 7 lbs LOL as long as your baby is growing youll be just fine and most women dont gain any or very little in the first trimester ...just wait it'll come or your baby will eat some of your body fat which is always a gtreat mothers day present LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I've actually lost about 4 lbs im starting to put back on a lb or two not much though my doctors tell me it's normal and i threw up alot still do just not everyday now..so it must be normal
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• im 29 weeks and have gained a total of ten pounds and i did that in the last two months so ya its normal not to have gained a whole lot and its less u have to lose when your all done.
    momma2beat21

Answer by momma2beat21 at 4:30 PM on May. 6, 2009