How soon did you child start to rollover completely?

My daughter is 5 months 2 weeks old and maybe a week prior to her turning 5 months she began rolling from stomach to back, but she hasn't been able to roll from stomach to back. So I'm wondering how soon should I expect her to roll from stomach to back? Or should she have done this already?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 2:23 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tummy time woman, tummy time. She will do it soon. She probably does it when you aren't looking then hurries up and flips back
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It varies widely. My second rolled over all the way when he was a week old, much to my surprise and dismay, luckily he was on the sofa at the time and the floor was close and well-carpeted. My first son, I'd say about 4-5 months. If you are worried be sure to ask your pediatrician.

Answer by Bmat at 2:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I believe my son did it at 4 months but I think 6 months is "normal".
    Anonymous

• My son rolled from stomach to back at 2 weeks and back to stomach at 2 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm not concerned about it really since she is showing signs that she does want to roll completely over, she get's halfway and then she goes back on her back

LOL Morgan. I try putting her on tummy time but now that she has it figured out she just rolls on her back again LOL.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 6 months and still isnt rolling over yet she did it like 3 times one day and hasnt since. I wouldnt worry though every child is different and go at their own pace for everything
    KM52mom

Answer by KM52mom at 3:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Cyn do you know any grown people that don' t know how to roll over? lol

She will do it....there's no for sure age that all kids start doing things all. They all develop so differently. I say she'll do it by 8 months for sure.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Mine is 5 months n 2 weeks, he has got the tummy to back thing down but gettin back on his tummy is his problem!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:08 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I find that it takes a few weeks after rolling on her back that she is able to do a complete roll
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:16 PM on May. 6, 2009