Would you rather break a law/s or your own moral code? ~Spin off question~

Some women brought up some intresting ideas from my other posting (How far would you go?) So I thought I'd start a spin-off posting from one of the replies.

If it meant providing for your family (assuming a loss of modern society as we know it)

Would you rather break the law of the land or your own moral code within legal limits?

Is there a difference? (in the sense that breaking a law would break your moral code as well)

Feel free to elaborate on which law/s or codes you would/would not break and why. Or to state that if something that is currently illegal, became legal in the 'new' society, would you then be ok with doing it?

I know its a 'heavy' subject, but its strictly for entertainment and brain excersise. Have fun and be civil please ladies!

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 2:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly, I would weigh what Id rather do.
    Would I rather be in jail cuz I got caught selling drugs (or prostituting off the street) or would I rather strip at a dance club or make a porno?

Those are the questions that would weigh my mind and heart and Id decide accordingly.

And, frankly, Id rather not go to jail so odds are good you'd find me in a amateur porno or strip club LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I will chose my faith (or what I know is right for any reason) over the law every time.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am more for following my own moral code then the code of the land. I am not ABOUT to let some other person decide what is right when I have a perfectly good brain in my head that tells me what is right for ME. And just because it is legal doesn't make it right.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am a Christian and I put my faith above a government law. I obey the laws, but if I ever had to break a law to obey God I would. I care more about what God thinks about me than anything else.
    Anonymous

• God's laws are my laws.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with my sisters in Christ. I will always care more about God and His laws than I will any law of the land.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with spiritguide......but I'd add just because it's illegal doesn't make it wrong :) There's lots of things that are illegal that I don't feel are wrong and if it comes down to providing for my family, I'll do it as long as I feel I can do it smart enough to not get caught.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh and of course there's no way any religion is going to dictate what I'd do.....but you all probably already knew that :)
    metalcowgirl34

• I think all the answers so far are pretty right on for me.

There are laws that go against what I believe as a Christian.
    There are things I believe are okay that are against the law.

I chose to follow Christ's teachings and make choice based on what I feel is right for me and my faith.

That doesn't mean I'm going to go out and rob a bank or kill someone or anything like that though :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I thougth breaking the law of the land was breaking our moral code?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:43 PM on May. 6, 2009