VBAC?? Pros and Cons

I'm pregnant with my second child and due Christmas Eve. I had to have a c-section with the first child after 25 hours of labor. It really bothered me that I wasn't able to have my first child naturally. So I would like to have a VBAC with this one. Can you give me your experiences with VBAC. I know there is a higher risk of uterine rupture but I don't know how high the risk is. I'm overweight and I don't know if that effects the risk either (i'm sure it does, it seems to make everything have a higher risk). Oh and btw I don't think I would have had to have a c-section with the first. They induced me two weeks early because of high blood pressure and protein in my urine. They used the cervidil pill and it had bad effects on me. Throwing up, diareah, final labor stage contractions the entire time, but just wouldn't dialate. I feel like if I had been able to go full term, I could have had him naturally.

BethanyB930

Asked by BethanyB930 at 2:26 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id talk to your docotor about it...theyll recommend a c-section but ask them the risks and make the final decision yourself
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• LoL..ask the doctor but they'll recomend a c-section. Funny and so true. You are completely right that induction is what led to your "failure to progress". It's not failure to progress but failure to induce. Same thing happend to me. Check out some references and make the decision yourself. For me a VBAC is a no brainer. I think they are safer and I'll be having a HBAC.

Henci Goer's A Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth
    Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth
    Pushed: The Painful Truth About Maternity Care
    www.vbacfacts.com
    www.vbac.com
    www.ican-online.com
    and Business of Being Born - Movie by Riki Lake
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:09 PM on May. 6, 2009