C-Section Horror

My placenta is low, not yet completely covering my cervix. I am twenty weeks and i got informed i might need a c-section. I am petrified. I want to go through labor naturally, with little drugs, no epidural! I would like to know how long it took some ppl to heal completely? If anyone has or is going through the same situation with the placenta!

lildancer0711

Asked by lildancer0711 at 2:36 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lots of people get c-sections so you will be ok. One person told me the most helpful thing for them was girdle underwear. She tried loose stuff at first but she said it was more comfortable to hold it snug and in place with girdle underwear.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Twenty weeks is still early to worry about having c-section because of placenta previa. Please don't get worked up over the possiblity of having a c-section. There is a really good chance that in the later weeks of your pregnancy with your expanding belly that the placenta will move up and everything will be fine. More than likely you will still have the opportunity to deliver your baby without having a c-section. The doctors just want you to know there is a possiblity so that you aren't caught unaware. That doesn't mean it's highly likely. This is very common in early pregnancy.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• As sillyt said it's still early and the placenta has a good chance of moving. Just be careful with later ultrasounds because your placenta might move but your doctor could say the baby is too big. I hear planned c-sections are easier than the "emergency" c-sections.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had a planned C section with my firs 4 1/2 years ago and I will have another one with this one in October. It was not an emergency or anything like that. My son was just breech and the doc did not want to turn him. I did not have that much pain afterwards. It took no time at all. We went at 7 and he was here at 7:37am. I would suggest that you just take it easy, as the other ladies have said it still is early, so I would not let the doc scare you into a C section. If you do then it will be ok, just make sure that you get enough rest after the surgery. Good Luck
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 4:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had a planned C-section and I had no problems. I was back at work in about 3 weeks. Mine was planned for a number of reasons...mostly because I was born with a congenital hip and am not flexible in my left hip and previously had fractured my pelvis in a few places.

The worst part was the epidural but mostly because I am terrified of needles. I am not sure if the reason I had a quick recovery was because I was pretty active throughout my pregnancy but after I got out of the hospital, I really had no problems. I didn't do a lot of the pain meds either because I am a single mom and I was alone from day one. I thought that my mom or one of my sisters might stay at my place the first night, but it was all me.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.
    mom_of_tyler

Answer by mom_of_tyler at 10:30 AM on May. 7, 2009