My baby is not cuddly

Anyone have a not so cuddly baby? Mine likes being put down most of the time.
She seems much more content in her swing or bouncy chair rather than me holding her and trying to play with her.
She even prefers lying on her back on the ground and me talking to her/making faces etc than me holding her doing the same thing
Does my baby hate me or does she just like doing her own thing?
She's 9 weeks

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 2:36 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies get really overstimulated by too much holding. It sucks cuz you want to hold them all the time. I would suggest getting down on the floor and laying next to her while she plays so that she knows you are near.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am somebody that doesn't like to be touched. I have very sensitive skin and have a hard time with constant stimulation to my skin. My mom was very upset when I was a baby because I didn't like to be held. She cried when I refused to co-sleep with her. I needed my own space.
    I am still that way.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter could not co-sleep and has never been able to accept comfort from us. She has been this way since birth.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter is the same way but she's 5 months already. She hates being held and having her in the lying position as if I want to rock her to sleep haha, she starts squirming around. I just think they are curios as to their surroundings (at least this what I tell myself).

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• "My daughter is the same way but she's 5 months already. She hates being held and having her in the lying position as if I want to rock her to sleep haha, she starts squirming around. I just think they are curios as to their surroundings (at least this what I tell myself)."

Mine will not be held that way either! She has to be sitting up at all times lol!
    I'm glad to know my babe isn't the only one that's not snuggly haha
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:15 PM on May. 6, 2009