How long should

babies sleep in a crib? I'm five weeks pregnant and have a five month old (I know I didn't waste aaaannnyyy time haha). I'm hoping that maybe after keeping baby #2 in bassinet for a few months, if by then my son we'll be ready for a kid's bed and I can move the baby to his crib.

My son should be about a year and a half by then.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:37 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• by a year and a half it will be more then ok to move him to a toddler bed
    Anonymous

• I think the rule is you transfer to toddler bed when they start climbing or almost getting out of their crib LOl usually around year and half or so LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My oldest was about 16 months when we started introducing her to her big girl bed. I wanted a good gap in between her sleeping in the crib and her big girl bed so there were no feelings of "the baby stole her bed" or anything like that.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:08 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My son was about 16 months when we started letting him sleep in his toddler bed. He would pretty much sleep all thru the night!
    Elesha1981

Answer by Elesha1981 at 3:16 PM on May. 6, 2009