how can i get my 1 1/2 yr old to let me comb her hair ... its down to the middle of her back

flarabera

Asked by flarabera at 2:38 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't. I would cut it off if she won't let you comb it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i just sit my dd down in front of me and tell her im gonna make her hair pretty usually works for me. when she has her days of not wanting me to do it at all, i just let it go crazy! lol, but i dont want to cut her hair off. i love it being longer, its not quite as long as your dds but its close.
    Anonymous

• I do my 20 month old's hair while she is busy eating breakfast in her highchair or while she is in the bathtub. My older one didn't have hair this long until she was 3, and with her I had her sit in my lap and watch cartoons while I fixed it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Make it fun let her have a part in it as well. If she like dora or princess who ever she likes tell her LET MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A PRINCESS, if she wears hair bows ask her which hair bow does the princess want to day. if her hair is tangley then tell her that you need to get the rats out of her hair. Give her a baby with hair and let her use the same things on the baby doll as you are in her hair. If you spay her hair with detangler than let her spray the babies hair. I have three girls 4, 2,1 this works with us
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes you can! Don't cut it. Like the other poster said just sit her in front of you and make it fun. I always let my 18 month old brush her hair and she will even get her box full of barrett's and headbands for me.

Anonymous

• thats what i was thinking anon do not cut it my daughter is a year and a half and i wish her hair were that long.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would put on my daughter's favorite cartoon and let her watch that while I did her hair. If she didn't let me do her hair, she didn't get to watch her cartoon. 2 shows missed, and she never moved again. I also bought her a special box to keep her hair ties, hair bows, brush and detangling spray in. She'd bring me her "Pretty Box" herself after just a few weeks, and pick out the things she wanted in her hair. I made sure to keep stocked up on detangling spray, since it made brushing her thick hair much easier.
    You don't have to cut it!! Link it with something good or something she really likes, and before too long, she'll be pestering you to do her hair all day long. (My daughter will be 6 next month and she's STILL after me constantly to redo her hair! LOL)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:36 PM on May. 6, 2009