Who here on CM co-slept with their baby and now regrets it? Spin off question.

Somebody in another post said that there were a lot of moms who co-slept their babies and now regret it. Is that you?
This is not a post to bash moms for co-sleeping. This is a post to say what your experiences were with co-sleeping. If you are not or never were a co-sleeper please keep your opinions out of this post.

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 2:40 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• YoungTwinMommy: My heart breaks for how you must feel and that fear and guilt about what could have happened, but I fail to see what your story has to do with co-sleeping. A safe co-sleeping environment was not provided. Please, know that I am not saying anything was your fault or you did anything wrong!! I am just saying that your incident, while not to be taken lightly, is not sufficient evidence to discourage others from SAFE co-sleeping. Anon mom with step-son and niece: I am sorry for your loss, but again think you are making unfair assumptions regarding co-sleeping. Perhaps your ss and niece have some underlying issues causing them to have sleep issues? Do they have anything else going on? The divorce maybe? Fear of separation, abandonment, anything? Not bashing just throwing it out there for consideration.

EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 4:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i co slept with my dd until she was about 19 months old, now she sleeps in her own bed but that was her choice, one day she just said my bed, so i laid her down in her bed and thats where she has been ever since, she wants nothing to do with sleeping in my bed anymore. but i dont regret it at all. if she still slept in my bed id be ok with it.
    Anonymous

• me
    Anonymous

• My husband and his previous wife coslept with theirs, and when they got divorced, my stepson started sleeping with his grandma and grandpa every night.. won't sleep in his own bed there.. But when he comes here I refuse to sleep with him unless it's storming or he's sick.. they have such a hard time sleeping on their own after sleepign with them. My sisters daughter is going to be 9 this year, and she can barely sleep on her own, because she's been sleeping with her mom. Even after her mom remarried another man, her daughter woudn't sleep by herself.. I just couldn't ever do it.
    Anonymous

• Anon: 47...shame on you! You have not been a co-sleeper, you were asked to keep your opinions about co-sleeping to your self.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh good grief.Sshame on you naths, she didn't say anything bad about it or put another parent down for it. Lighten up.

Anonymous

• We co-slept with my son until he was about 3...off and on because he had his own room. He didn't fully start sleeping in his own room until he was 5...No I do not regret it...I loved it. I'm now pregnant with my second and won't co-sleep past a year old. For me it was more of a first time mother, control, attachment thing :-)
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I've never regretted co-sleeping. Although, it just happened to work for us and it wasn't from an attachment parenting philosophy or anything.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Wow Naths, she didn't say anything rude. Her husband co-slept and she is now dealing with the problems. I think she has every right to comment. You need to take a break or something!
    Anonymous

• Ok...shame on me for being bossy. But the question was specifically asked to those who had co-slept. She as a person who has never been a co-sleeper really has no experience with the love and bonding that goes into and with the co-sleeper relationship. That is what this question is intended to deal with.
    But moving upward and onward... shall we?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:11 PM on May. 6, 2009