This flea stuff didn't work as well

I got some flea stuff from the vet like i always to every month. But they changes brands. They use to have the frontline (the good stuff). But this time it was called Premeris (i think that is right) anyways iw was around the 15th. And it has worked, but not as well. I still see a flea occassionally. And with frontline i didn't. And since they don't have it should i ask the to write me a prescription so i can order it online? Also do i need towait until the 15th of this month to put it on even though the other stuff didn't work as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• You shouldnt have to wait and i would have them write one for you or get you some. Just tell them you dont like the new stuff it doent work as well
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You can buy it at feed & grain stores.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You can buy frontline without a prescription. Try PetcareRX.com. They're having a sale...although it is sitll expensive.
    Anonymous

• at my old house we hads flea really bad... but i know what work.. do you have a bags less sweeper? if you do you put moth ball in it... about 3 to 4.. than right after your done put table salt on your floor... it kill all of the flea... it work for me.... your home well smell a little bit... i light candle when i did it.... let"s me know if it work...
    shell123080

Answer by shell123080 at 4:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You can buy Frontline at Petsmart and Petco. You can also go to revivalanimal.com to order it.
    Anonymous

• don't wait call them up and ask for a written prescription. I love Drsfostersmith but even another vet clinic should be able to fill it. Just let them know you don't like the new stuff and want the old back.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Fleas and Ticks / Natural options :  You know sometimes the Monthly Flea and Tick treatments only work 80 or 90% - depends how bad the fleas are in your area.  The way people deal with this is Natural vitamin supplements and critter oil/ natural spray ...

You can give NuVET wafers - just 1/2 or 1 per day - it will make the fleas and ticks hate your pet's blood and JUMP right off-  A Healthy pet's blood tastes awful to them.

Also, google critter oil spray - this is very safe and nice - use it 2 x per week along with what your vet has given you.

Some folks just do the NuVET and Critter oil and NO treatments from the vet

http://www.nuvet.com/81098  NuVET link - Holisitic flea and tick vitamin

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 7:46 AM on May. 13, 2009