effort

my so never seems to put any effort into anything....he never calls me i always have to call him....sex is initiated by me 90% of the time...he never tries to work things out when things get bad he just walks away/goes home and doesnt talk to me for days...what should i do? stop trying to make an effort? give up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't give a flying crap what other women say on here..
    If TWO people do not work on the relationship...
    it WILL NOT work...
    I would go buy myself a cute little bathing suit and start walking the beaches
    as a single women...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• dump him
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It takes two people to make an effort to make a relationship work.

I've tried to do it by myself. I was engaged to man who didn't put any effort into our relationship, among other problems. I was so glad to get out of that relationship.

I met my husband and was in total awe that he was willing to put an effort into it. He was willing to TALK things over with me and FIX any problems together. It's amazing.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Sometimes I feel like giving up but dh comes around when I say I feel neglected but it always comes to the point where I need to remind him of my needs, duh? after 13 years you think he might get it. I guess I hold on to the good things about him and my committment.
    Anonymous

• Well in my experience it takes BOTH people to make the relationship work. Both of you talking problems out and working together to make it work. It sounds like you are giving it your all, but he is not. If you want this relationship to keep going I suggest you talk to him and let him know he needs to do his part. Another good idea would be counseling. If he will not talk to your or make the effort then I think you need to walk away and find someone else. I wish you luck and hope things work out!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If he's not putting the effort in now and not wanting to talk about the problems... it's going nowhere I'm sorry to say.
    Is this what you want to deal with? Not me, I couldn't take someone not talking to me for days.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Do you really want to be with a guy like that? He's not your husband right? If so then that will be an easy fix.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 2:12 AM on May. 7, 2009